CABARET (1998 Version)
Book by Joe Masteroff
Based on the play by John Van Druten and
Stories by Christopher Isherwood
Music by John Kander Lyrics by Fred Ebb
Director: Jim Lortz
Musical Director: Dr. Ryan Dudenbostel
PLEASE NOTE: All roles are open to people of any gender identity, and students of all gender identities are encouraged to audition. See complete details on how to audition and rehearsal info below.
CABARET is presented by arrangement with Concord Theatricals on behalf of Tams-Witmark LLC. www.concordtheatricals.com
The deadline to sign up is Thursday, September 23 at 11:59 p.m. Pacific Time. No late submissions accepted.
Rehearsal and Performance dates
Rehearsals and performances will be held in person, following COVID-19 safety guidelines.
- Mainstage: October 18 through November 19
- This production rehearses 5 days a week, Mondays through Fridays from 6 to 9 p.m.
- All-technical rehearsals may be held the weekend of November 20 and 21.
- Dress rehearsals will be held from 6 to 10 p.m. on November 22 and November 29 through December 1.
- 12/2 at 7:30pm
- 12/3 at 7:30pm
- 12/4 at 2pm and 7:30pm
- 12/5 at 7:30pm
Those who are cast will be expected to schedule a measurement session with the WWU Costume Shop.
Instructions for your audition
- Deadline to sign up is Thursday September 23 at midnight.
- If you need to change your audition time or if you missed the deadline please reach out to Production Manager, Savannah LeCornu AND Stage Manager, Izzi Cooper to see what options might be available to you.
- Auditionees are expected to participate in both the dance call and song/monologue presentation.
Prepare your song and monologue
- Choose one monologue, 1 minute in length, show appropriate.
- Choose two contrasting 16-32 bar cuts in the style of the show.
- Please bring legible, well-marked sheet music for the accompanist.
- Specific musical sides from the show will be distributed for callbacks.
- The dance audition will be held on Friday, September 24 from 6 to 10 p.m.
- Everyone will sign up for a one-hour slot from 6 to 7 p.m.; 7 to 8 p.m.; or 8 to 9 p.m.
- You may be called back from 9 to 10 p.m. after your initial audition to be seen again.
- Dance auditions will be held in person on Mainstage (PA 282)
- Auditions will be held from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. on Saturday, September 25 and will be broken up into 5 minute slots.
- You will sign up for your five minute slot online.
- Auditions will be in person on Mainstage (PA 282)
- Callbacks will be held in person, on Mainstage, starting at 12 p.m. on September 26
- The callback list will be announced on Saturday, September 25 after auditions.
- Students are responsible for checking their emails for information about callbacks.
With the support of the department and the WWU Covid-19 Support Team, this production requires all student performers to be vaccinated, regardless of exceptions/waiver status. Participants will be expected to prove their vaccination status by either presenting their physical vaccination card or a clear and readable photograph of the front and back of the card.