Bachelor of Arts (BA) Design Application
Thank you for your interest in the Department of Design and its degree options. The application will be reviewed by Design faculty and evaluated on the basis of a demonstrated understanding of the elements of visual communication, technical proficiency and originality.
A short, typed statement (150 words, maximum) detailing your interest in the program as well as your long-term goals within the design field.
- Unofficial Transcript(s)
- Related Courses Form (if applicable)
The portfolio should consist of 12 diverse visual pieces that best demonstrate your potential in the design field. Examples of work that may be included are design/art class assignments, design projects such as logos, flyers, yearbook spreads, websites, video, animations, photography, drawings, paintings, or sculpture. Multimedia work must include a screenshot and link. All work must be original; any collaborative projects must be identified and your specific role defined. If multiple images are included to show details of your work, they are not counted toward the 12 visual pieces required. Portfolios consisting predominately of derivative work such as cartoons, anime, graffiti or tattoos are discouraged.
- 12-page PDF (one project per page, each page can include multiple images)
- 8.5 x 11 inches (landscape orientation)
- Short description of each piece on the bottom right corner of each page (medium, dimensions, date, course, description of your role if collaborative)
- Make sure photos and scans of any work are of good quality; images should be a minimum of 1080px (width or height) and 150px/inch resolution.