Friday, June 7, 2019 - 7:30pm
The WWU Symphony Orchestra presents its final concert of the 2018-2019 season with the winners of Western’s annual concerto competition.
The program will include Robert Jager’s rarely-heard Concerto for Percussion Duo, the early Songs of a Wayfarer by Gustav Mahler, and Ravel’s Piano Concerto for the Left Hand, composed for concert pianist and wounded WWI veteran Paul Wittegenstein. Concluding the program is George Gershwin’s great American tone-poem, An American in Paris.
- Robert Jager: Concerto for Two Percussionists
- David Mills and Asa Morris, percussion
- Gustav Mahler: Lieder eines fahrenden Gesellen
- Elizabeth Feeney, mezzo-soprano
- Maurice Ravel: Piano Concerto for the Left Hand in D Major
- Jacinda Davis, piano
- George Gershwin: An American in Paris
Unless otherwise indicated, there is no late seating or admission to events. Please contact the event organizer if you are unable to arrive on time.
For disability accommodations, please contact the department presenting the event. Disability access information is available online at Parking Services, and further resources can be found on Western's Disability Resources website.
Please log in to request changes to this event.