The Department of Music is proud to offer an individualized education focusing on undergraduate opportunities and success. We offer one general and four professional undergraduate program leading to a baccalaureate degree in music.


The general program (BA) provides a liberal arts education with music as the major subject. The four professional undergraduate programs (BMus) emphasize the development and proficiency in each area. The BMus in Music Education has three areas of emphasis: P-12 general music, P-12 instrumental music, and P-12 choral music. State certification to teach is received concurrently with the granting of the degree.

We also offer two minors that focus on general music, and arts innovation:


For up to date curriculum information, go to and navigate to the Music department, within the College of Fine and Performing Arts.


Declaration Process


Students interested in becoming a music major must complete an entrance/departmental audition on their primary instrument or voice. Please visit our auditions page for further information regarding requirements and dates!

Due to the sequential nature of our curriculum, mid-year applications are not recommended. Those entering mid year are unable to start our theory and history sequences and may only be able to register for applied lessons and ensembles. For further information and questions regarding mid-year applications, please reach out to our program coordinator Lee Anne Frahn.

The Department of Music also offers many Ensemble Opportunities for both Music majors and non-majors.