What is OFF THE HILL?
WWU Music Department announces OFF THE HILL, a virtuoso chamber music series that features WWU’s award winning music faculty and special guests with each concert. Join us for 5 extraordinary concerts this season, starting with our opening concert featuring the original ballet chamber setting of Aaron Copland’s “Appalachian Spring." Suggested donation: $25 ($5 for students). All proceeds support Music Department scholarships. Donations accepted at the door.
Who is OFF THE HILL?
OFF THE HILL chamber music series performers are internationally acclaimed recitalists, celebrated recording artists, and competition winners. They have performed with major symphony orchestras and festivals, and were trained at major conservatories such as Julliard, Cleveland Institute of Music, Yale and the Tchaikovsky Conservatory.
Where is OFF THE HILL?
In its inaugural season, OFF THE HILL features 5 extraordinary concerts, all taking place in the historic venue of The Rotunda Room in the Whatcom Museum (Old City Hall) in Bellingham, Washington at 121 Prospect Street. Performances are at 7:30 p.m.
What will we perform?
- Friday, November 22, 2019 - Featuring Aaron Copland’s Appalachian Spring
- Saturday, January 25, 2020 - Powerful and diverse voices of women composers, featuring Valerie Coleman: Portraits of Josephine
- Saturday, February 29, 2020 - Mozart’s Piano Concerto no. 23 and Milhaud’s La Creation du Monde
- Wednesday, April 29, 2020 - Bartok's Violin Sonatas and Brahm's Piano Quartet No. 1 in G minor, Op. 25
- Saturday, May 16, 2020 - Featuring Dominick Argento’s A Water Bird Talk