Who can rent costumes?
The CFPA costume rental program rents costumes for theatrical productions to theatre and educational groups who have a group representative (director, costume designer, or costume coordinator) and to students, faculty and staff for class presentations.
Group representatives (may be accompanied by an assistant) and individuals must be able to personally come to storage to pull costumes with the assistance of the CFPA Costume Rental Coordinator. Group representatives and individuals must have done research and know the specific costume needs and measurements of the individuals in the group.
We do not rent costumes for parties, Halloween, weddings, etc.
How to rent costumes
- Prior to renting, read our rental policies and look at our rental price list.
- Make an appointment via email with our Rental Coordinator.
- Come to your appointment prepared with research, a prepared measurement sheet, name and contact information of producing organization or advising professor, and production dates. You may bring one assistant with you to your appointment.
- At time of rental you will receive a contract, inventory, invoice and tentative return date.
- Take or send invoice with payment to the Western Washington University Student Business Office. The CFPA Rental Program accepts Cash, Check, Money Orders or Debit only. No credit cards accepted.
- Email the Costume Rental Coordinator to confirm a time for your costume return appointment.
- Use the rental inventory form to ensure all rented costumes are accounted for and in the same order as on the inventory. Take note of any damage or loss so you are not taken by surprise at your return appointment.
Any cleaning fees, damage and loss fees and late return fees will be assessed at return appointment. You may receive an additional invoice to remit to WWU Student Business Office with payment.