Western Washington University is hosting a Dance Festival for Washington State High School students. WWU High School Dance Festival: February 4, 2017.
Students will attend master classes in Contemporary Technique, Ballet Technique, Improvisation and Choreographic Exploration taught by WWU Dance Faculty. Each studio attending the Festival is invited to submit a short piece of choreography for a performance in our Performing Arts Center.
Enrollment is limited to 100 student participants, 20 from each studio. Registration closes when all spots are filled.
- Technique level will be for Intermediate/Advanced students.
- Each student will take three classes.
- Studio teachers will choose the best level for their students.
- Beginning students are welcome to observe.
- The day will culminate with a PAC main-stage performance
- Each studio can bring one work to be performed with a maximum length of 8 minutes
- As tech time will be limited studios must send a DVD or online video link of your piece no later than January 13.
- There is $45 registration fee for each student. No charge for teachers.
- The day of classes will begin at 9:00 am. The performance will conclude at about 6:00 pm. All attendees, including chaperones, are invited to attend a post-show reception in the Performing Arts Center inner lobby.
- Parking in WWU gravel lots (south end of campus) is free.
- Campus tours will be offered and the Viking Commons Dining Hall (on north) campus is open for lunch.
- All students will receive a free WWU Dance t-shirt.
- Each student enrolled must submit a hold-harmless agreement signed by a parent or guardian
Cher Carnell, Director of Dance
WWU Dance Program MS 9113
516 High St
Western Washington University
Bellingham WA 98225
We hope to see you and your students in February! If you know of other WA dance studios who would be interested in this event please share this link!