Performing Arts Scholarships
Dancers are eligible for additional scholarships through the College of Fine and Performing Arts.
Monica Gutchow Scholarship
This scholarship was established by Monica Gutchow, a former WWU Dance faculty member. Two to three scholarships will be awarded to upper-division Dance students who have demonstrated exceptional merit, good academic standing, financial need and an interest in teaching dance at the college level. Scholarship amount: up to $8000, in increments of at least $1000. (Amount depends on number of qualified applicants and endowment balance).
Tabetha Fox Clark Memorial Dance Scholarship
This endowment was created in memory of Tabetha Fox Clark to provide scholarships to deserving students in the College of Fine and Performing Arts Theatre and Dance Department for students studying Dance. Whenever possible, preference will be made to applicants who demonstrate an interest in Dance Education.
Dance Scholarship Deadline
Sunday, May 22 by 11:59pm
To apply for scholarships in the Dance program, please submit the following:
- Resume of dance experience
- One page statement addressing:
- Your academic goals and academic history within the department
- Your post-graduate aspirations
- Your merit for a specified scholarship (i.e. financial need, academic history, contribution to the department)
- Copy of Academic History (must include current grade point average)
Scholarship awards may affect your financial aid.