High School Dance Festival
Western Washington University hosts a Dance Festival at the beginning of each year for Washington State High School students.
2021 date to be announced.
Enrollment is limited to 100 student participants, 20 from each studio. Registration closes when all spots are filled.
Students will attend master classes in Contemporary Technique, Ballet Technique, Improvisation and Choreographic Exploration taught by WWU Dance Faculty. Each studio attending the Festival is invited to submit a short piece of group choreography for a performance in our Performing Arts Center.
- Technique level will be for Intermediate/Advanced students
- Each student will take three classes
- Studio teachers will choose the best level for their students
- Beginning students are welcome to observe
- The day will culminate with a PAC main-stage performance