Design Scholarship Application
Extended: April 25, 2022, 12 p.m. (noon) Pacific Time
If you have any questions about applying for a scholarship for the Department of Design at Western Washington University, we're happy to help you find an answer. Call us at (360) 650-7778.
Before you begin
Look over the entire application, so you have the appropriate materials at hand, in the allowed formats.
You must be enrolled full-time (12 credits minimum each quarter) to receive a scholarship.
Applications must include the following
- Completed application form
- Applicant Statement
- Portfolio of 12 images in a single PDF file no larger than 12 MB
The context for each piece must be included in the submission, such as:
- course number and title
- freelance or self-authored project
- date the work was completed
Please address each of the following topics, if applicable.
- Educational and career goals in design
- Design activities geared toward social good and/or innovation
- Design work beyond the classroom
- Artistic achievements, awards, etc.