Friday May 3, 2019 by 4 p.m.
How to Apply
To apply for scholarships in the Department of Theatre & Dance, please submit the following:
- Resume of theatre experience (what tech work, roles, responsibilities, when, where, under whose direction, etc.) and portfolio as applicable
- One page statement addressing:
- Your academic goals and academic history within the department
- Your post-graduate aspirations
- Your merit for a specified scholarship (i.e. financial need, academic history, contribution to the department)
- Copy of Academic History (must include current grade point average)
Drop your completed scholarship packet off in the Theatre & Dance Office (PA 395)
OR mail submissions to:
Western Washington University
Theatre Arts Scholarship Committee
516 High Street, MS 9108
Bellingham, WA 98225
Berta Altose Thal Endowment
This scholarship was established by Sidney R. Thal in memory of his wife, Berta. It is awarded to students majoring in theatre arts who demonstrate exceptional merit and financial need.
Helen M. “Toots” Bengston Keiper Theatre Scholarship
This scholarship was established by Robert W. Keiper in memory of his wife, Helen. This scholarship is for students majoring in theatre arts who have financial need. Scholarship amount: $16,500 total to award in several scholarships.
Margaret Green Siegley Scholarship
This scholarship will be awarded to an incoming/new Theatre Arts student either as a transfer, running start or freshman status. Preference will be given, but is not limited to, students wishing to pursue theatrical design and/or management. $2,500 total to award in several scholarships
Sene and Louella Carlile Scholarship
This scholarship was established by Sene and Loella Carlile and is awarded annually to an outstanding upper-division student majoring in theatre arts. Scholarship amount: $2,300 total to award in several scholarships
Theatre Arts Scholarship Endowment
This scholarship, which varies in amount from year to year, is available to theatre arts majors who possess a strong grade point average (minimum 3.0 overall GPA) and have demonstrated excellence in departmental production contributions.