There are many ways to get to Western. We encourage alternative transportation to reduce strain on the environment and limited parking. Enjoy views of the bay and Bellingham's notorious greenery along the way!
Check the campus maps for bus stops, bike racks, walking trails, parking lots, accessibility, and campus dining locations. Peruse our outdoor sculpture collection while you're here!
If you decide to drive, please consider carpooling!
Stay healthy, stay safe, stay inspired!
All visitors required to follow WWU Covid-19 safety protocols. Do WWU:
- Wash your hands
- Watch your distance
- Use a mask: A CDC approved mask or face covering is required indoors, and strongly encouraged near people outside.
- Respect the community and yourself: Stay home if you feel sick. Some in-person events may have virtual attendance options.
Provide a record of vaccination or a negative COVID test from the past 72 hours. Check event details for updates before attending.
Use the ParkMobile app to pay for parking
- Get meter alerts
- Extend your parking from wherever you are
Located at the south end of campus. Allow yourself at least 20 minutes to get from your parking spot to your destination on campus. If you need a lift, WTA buses frequently shuttle through campus.
- Free on weekends
- Free after 4:30 p.m. on weekdays
- 7am to 4:30 p.m.: bring a debit or credit card to pay the hourly rate at the pay station. See rates
Off of North Garden Street, next to the Viking Union. Take the elevator or stairs to floor 6 to get to the main campus level.
- Available all hours. Bring a debit or credit card to pay the hourly rate at the pay station. See rates
- This is the closest all-hours guest parking to the Performing Arts Center
Pay Station Lots
Other parking lots with pay stations are available after 4:30 p.m., and on weekends. Bring a debit or credit card for the pay station (see rates), or purchase a permit. Purchase a permit online or at the Student Business Office in Old Main.
View all of the parking lots on the Campus Map with the Features menu.