Mission and Vision
The College of Fine and Performing Arts (CFPA) offers nearly 300 performances, special presentations and gallery events each year with a phenomenal line-up featuring the talents of our students and faculty, special guest lecturers, professional performers, and visual artists. These include some of our many successful alumni who come back to campus to share their expertise with the next generation of artists preparing for their own careers.
Providing our students with a rigorous arts experience is the central mission of the CFPA. The very best arts faculty and students are found at Western and their talents are acknowledged across the nation. I invite you to join us for some of our many events as we celebrate the arts and showcase the stars of tomorrow in some of the highest quality arts events the area has to offer.
Please help us keep in touch by signing up for our weekly email. We look forward to keeping you updated with our efforts to make the College of Fine and Performing Arts the best of its kind.
The goal of the College of Fine and Performing Arts is to nurture a comprehensive understanding of the languages of Movement Art, Visual Art, Theatre Art and Music in order to create thinking artists and artistic thinkers who will shape culture in the 21st century.
To fulfill this mission, the College of Fine and Performing Arts aims:
- To maintain a viable connection with the liberal arts tradition of the university.
- To equip students with the creative and intellectual tools necessary for success in the arts.
- To enable students to value, understand and challenge traditional concepts.
- To maintain an environment that supports diversity, reflection and dedication to creative pursuits.
- To promote critical thinking, innovative ideas and active arts leadership.
- To provide world class and multicultural experiences in the arts for both students and members of the community.
- To prepare students for a dynamic, lifelong relationship with the arts.
The College of Fine and Performing Arts promotes a lifelong relationship with the arts that enhances, challenges and inspires both the individual and the community.