Sanford-Hill Piano Series
About the series
The Sanford-Hill Piano Series presents concerts and masterclasses by award-winning, world renowned pianists. The concerts and classes are open to the community. Ticket proceeds fund scholarships for Western's piano majors.
Sanford-Hill Piano Series Tickets
On sale at the box office
- $49 Section A - Center of the front section with view of keyboard. Limited: order soon.
- $39 Section B - Front section left with view of keyboard or pianist.
- $31 Section C - Front and middle areas, good view of pianist.
- $20 Section D - Rear and right seating, some seats may have view of pianist obscured by piano.
- All students (K-12 and college): $5 tickets for seats in Section D! Available at the box office in-person only with student ID.
- WWU Piano Students: Sit free in Section B! Available at the box office in-person only with student ID.
- Music Teachers (K-12 and Private): $10 tickets for seats in Section D! Available at the box office in-person, online, or by calling 360-650-6146.
Sanford-Hill Piano Series: Inna Faliks
“Adventurous and passionate” (The New Yorker) Ukrainian-born pianist Inna Faliks has established herself as one of the most communicative, and poetic artists of her generation.
Sanford-Hill Piano Series: Simon Trpčeski
Simon Trpčeski has been praised not only for his powerful virtuosity and deeply expressive approach, but also for his charismatic stage presence.
Sanford-Hill Piano Series: Anna Geniushene (2022 Cliburn Silver Medalist)
Anna Geniushene’s fresh, layered, and powerful interpretations defined her participation at the 2022 Van Cliburn International Piano Competition—and won her the coveted silver medal and the adoration of fans around the globe.
Inna Faliks piano masterclass
Simon Trpčeski piano masterclass
Anna Geniushene piano masterclass
Buses stop every 15 minutes on High Street, close to the Performing Arts Center. Check the route schedules for exact times. The following buses arrive on High Street close to Sanford-Hill concert times:
- 14 Fairhaven
- 190 Lincoln St
- 105 Fairhaven
- Call the Box Office at (360) 650-6146 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for disability accommodation
- Parking Services
- View accessibility features on the interactive Campus Map
Sign up for email
Get the latest updates on performers, concert programs, season tickets, complimentary parking, and masterclasses delivered to your inbox.
A word from the Artistic Director
In July 2003 I approached Sibyl Sanford on bended knee at her home in Bellingham. I proposed that she sponsor a piano series at Western bearing her name. She readily accepted, and The Sanford Piano Series was launched. In 2011, Sibyl's lifelong friend and former piano teacher Ford Hill decided to match her commitment. Thus, it became the Sanford-Hill Piano Series. Their friendship dates back to 1977. Though I arrived at Western in 1992, I consider Sibyl and Ford to be my lifelong friends as well. Aside from their philanthropic vision for the series, Sibyl claims her affection for Ford and me is the basis for what makes the whole thing work.
- Jeffrey Gilliam