Thursday, February 7th through Saturday, February 16th
About The Imaginary Invalid
This is the last comedy written by Molière. He was very ill, nearly dying, at the time he wrote it. It was first acted at the Palais Royal Theatre, on February 10, 1673.
Molière acted the part of Argan.
This WWU production is directed by Evan Mueller.
The Cast of Characters
- Argan, an imaginary invalid.
- Béline, second wife to Argan.
- Angélique, daughter to Argan, in love with Cléante.
- Louison, Argan's young daughter, sister to Angélique.
- Béralde, brother to Argan.
- Cléante, lover to Angélique.
- Mr. Diafoirus, a physician.
- Thomas Diafoirus, his son, in love with Angélique.
- Mr. Purgon, physician to Argan.
- Mr. Fleurant, an apothecary.
- Mr. de Bonnefoi, a notary.
- Toinette, maid-servant to Argan.
Unless otherwise indicated, there is no late seating or admission to events. Please contact the event organizer if you are unable to arrive on time.
For disability accommodations, please contact the department presenting the event. Disability access information is available online at Parking Services, and further resources can be found on Western's Disability Resources website.
Please log in to request changes to this event.