WWU Future Conductors Symposium
Time and Location
Deadline for registration is May 3
Presented in partnership with Girls Who Conduct.
Focus on providing opportunities for emerging young conductors to experience a conducting symposium and training. This symposium is open free of charge to high school or college students interested or entering the music profession.
High School students will also receive free zoom conducting lessons prior to the symposium.
- 9 am - 11:30 am: Conducting Round 1 (12 participants, 10 minutes each)
- 1:30am - 12:30pm: Lunch & Group discussion: Gender in music and career advice
- 12:30 - 3:00pm: Conducting Round 2 (12 participants, 10 minutes each)
WWU Wind Symphony
- Holst/Matthews, First Suite in E-flat
- Nishimura, Ancient Flower
- Duarte, Song for Mother Gaia
- Stuart, Three Ayres from Gloucester
- Hanson, Albanian Dance
- Sheldon, Lindbergh Variations
High School students will have the opportunity to discuss repertoire selection for their conducting clinic