WWU Symphony Orchestra presents Concerto Competition Winners + Sibelius 5
Time and Location
- Lars-Erik Larsson: Concertino for Trombone and Strings
- Jared Johnson, trombone
- Maurice Ravel: Don Quichotte à Dulcinée
- Jacob Lann, bass-baritone
- Francis Poulenc: Concerto for Two Pianos in D minor
- Amara Farah and Paige Wiesinger, pianos
- Jean Sibelius: Symphony No. 5 in E-flat Major, op. 82
Join the WSO for its final concert of the season, accompanying the three winners of Western’s annual Concerto Competition: Jared Johnson, performing Lars-Erik Larsson’s Concertino for Trombone and Strings; bass-baritone Jacob Lann singing Maurice Ravel’s final song cycle Don Quichotte à Dulcinée, and Amara Farah and Paige Wiesinger joining forces in a Concerto for Two Pianos by Francis Poulenc.
Concluding the evening’s program is Finnish composer Jean Sibelius’s deeply personal masterpiece, his Symphony No. 5 in E-flat Major.
For disability accommodations, please contact the department presenting the event. Disability access information is available online at Parking Services, and further resources can be found by contacting Western's Disability Access Center.