Auditions for The Snow Queen
Submit your video audition by May 8 at 11:59 p.m. for "The Snow Queen," written by Matt Opatrny, directed by Rich Brown and Jahamy Morales.
Gerda goes on an adventure to save her best friend, Kay, from the Snow Queen and encounters obstacles and friends along the journey. This is a story of fortitude, resilience, and learning to rely on the help from others instead of trying to go it alone.
This play is intended for young children but engaging for all audiences.
Script Development Workshop and Public Reading
- The workshop will be July 31 through August 4 from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. and from 2 to 5 p.m.
- There is no tech rehearsal.
- We may host a free, public reading on August 4 during the 2 to 5 p.m. time slot. TBD
Instructions for your audition
- Deadline for submission is Monday, May 8 at 11:59 p.m.
- Choose one monologue, under 2 minute in length, show appropriate.
- Make sure to fill out the online form.
- Submit self tape via Vimeo or Youtube link.
- Callbacks will be held virtually on Saturday May 20 from 10 a.m. to 12 p.m. if needed.
- The callback list will be announced via email after auditions if needed.
- Students are responsible for checking their emails for information about callbacks.
- The zoom link will be sent to those called back.
Please read carefully and fill out completely.
Questions on this form include opportunities to share information about your identity, including gender, race and cultural background. Your answers help WWU prioritize authentic, appropriate casting as called for in each script. Please share only what you feel comfortable sharing.