Theatre Auditions: Romeo and Juliet
The Department of Theatre and Dance will be holding auditions for William Shakespeare's "Romeo and Juliet" on May 13 and 14. Professor of Theatre Mark Kuntz will direct the production. Performances are set for Fall Quarter 2022.
Instructions for your audition
Speaking roles: monologues and stories
The director has selected a collection of 1-minute monologues that he would like those auditioning to choose from. Please choose one monologue from the pre-selected collection in the Theatre Office. In addition to the monologue the director would also like you to tell a short story.
Auditions for speaking roles will take place on Friday, May 13 from 6 to 10 p.m.
This production will be movement heavy and includes non-speaking roles focused solely on movement.
The production will feature a giant piece of fabric. Some cast members will manipulate the fabric, and will be on stage for the length of the production. Some of the fabric-roles will be speaking roles, some will not.
There will also be a movement audition held in person on Saturday, May 14 from 9 to 11 a.m. on Mainstage (PA 282).
Please note that if you are interested in movement roles only, you do not have to sign up for a Friday audition slot.
Audition schedule and location
Speaking role auditions will be held from 6 to 10 p.m. on Friday May 13. The day will be broken up into 5 minute slots. You will only need to sign up for one slot on this day and sign ups will be online. Auditions will be in person in PA 399.
Make sure to fill out the form below and sign up for an audition slot. Please note that if you are interested in movement roles only, you do not have to sign up for a Friday audition slot.
Movement auditions are required for all auditionees; movement-only auditionees should complete the form and come to the movement auditions on Saturday, May 14 from 9 a.m. to 11 a.m. in the Mainstage.
Callbacks will be held in person on Saturday May 14 on Mainstage, starting at 11 a.m. The callback list will be announced via email on Friday May 13 after speaking role auditions. Students are responsible for checking their emails for information about callbacks.
Deadline to register
Deadline to sign up is Wednesday May 11 at midnight. If you need to change your audition time or if you missed the deadline please reach out to Production Manager, Savannah LeCornu (firstname.lastname@example.org) AND Stage Manager, Avery Wisner (email@example.com) to see what options might be available to you.
Rehearsal and Performance dates
Please refer to this section when entering conflicts in the form below.
- Please note that this production rehearses before Fall Quarter starts.
- There will be a couple of rehearsals held Spring rehearsal for table reads and early work. Those dates are TBD.
- Rehearsals will be held September 10 through 19, and will consist of the following time slots: 9 a.m. to 12 p.m.; 1 to 4 p.m.; and 6 to 9 p.m.
- Pick Up Rehearsals will be held on October 5 and 6, from 7 to 10 p.m.
- Longer, technical rehearsals will start on October 7. Tech weekend will be October 8 and 9 (10 a.m. to 2 p.m. and 4 to 8 p.m.)
- Dress Rehearsals will be held from 6 to 10 p.m. on October 10 through 13.
- Performances are October 14, 15, and 16. There will be two show days on October 15 and 16.
- Strike will be held on October 17 and 18.
- Rehearsals and Performances will be held in person, following Covid-19 Safety guidelines.
With the support of the department and the WWU Covid-19 Support Team, this production requires all student performers to be vaccinated, regardless of exceptions/waiver status. Participants will be expected to prove their vaccination status by either presenting their physical vaccination card or a clear and readable photograph of the front and back of the card. If cast you will also need to show proof of Covid-19 booster before rehearsals start in September.