WWU Concerto Competition Finals
Wednesday, March 21, 2018 - 7:30pm
Western Washington University’s top student soloists compete to perform with the WWU Symphony Orchestra. This annual event showcases the finest talent from Western’s brass, percussion, piano, string, and vocal studios. Out of ten finalists, three will be chosen to join the Symphony as featured soloists on its June 4, 2018 concert.
Here are the finalists for tonight's competition. This is an event you won't want to miss!
- Sarah Potocki, piano
- George Gershwin: Piano Concerto in F
- Emma Simmons, violin
- Felix Mendelssohn: Violin Concerto in E minor, Op. 64 -
- Jason Hamann, baritone
- Dmitri Shostakovich: Songs from "Krokodil" Magazine
- Emily Tripp, flute
- Otar Gordeli: Concerto for Flute and Orchestra, Op. 8
- Garrett Newbill, clarinet
- Artie Shaw: Concerto for Clarinet
- Paul Stovall, piano
- George Gershwin: Rhapsody in Blue
- Madeleine Jones, flute
- Franz Doppler: Hungarian Pastoral Fantasy
- Jacob Bernado, tenor
- Henri Duparc: Three Songs
- Wayra Quinchiguango, clarinet
- Carl Stamitz: Concerto for Clarinet No. 7 in E-flat Major
- Johana Chai, violin
- Maurice Ravel: Tzigane
Unless otherwise indicated, there is no late seating or admission to events. Please contact the event organizer if you are unable to arrive on time.
For disability accommodations, please contact the department presenting the event. Disability access information is available online at Parking Services, and further resources can be found on Western's Disability Resources website.
Please log in to request changes to this event.